Skip to main content

A letter to my daughter 🤍

My darling daughter Bonnie,

Since we only got to spend a little time together, I wanted to write to you in the hope that you can hear, wherever you are, the words as I write them. 


I miss you! With every inch of my being, I miss you. I stare at my tummy aimlessly wishing you were still there growing and becoming a big girl, fit and healthy. When you were in my tummy, I’m sorry if you felt like I didn’t talk to you enough, sing to you or stroke my belly so you knew that I was there and cared so so much. Just because I didn’t say every day, out loud how much I love you or how excited daddy and I were to meet you, doesn’t mean I didn’t think it. Maybe you actually heard your silly mummy talking to herself in her head. 


We were so excited to meet you and watch you grow. We had plans to take you walking as soon as we possibly could. We wanted to show you this beautiful world that we live in and help you learn to walk, talk, read and write. I was desperate to know if you would be sensitive, creative and conscientious like mummy or smart, ambitious and caring like daddy. I’m sure you would have been all the good things from both of us merged into one - you would have been you! 


When you arrived and we got to meet you, it was one of the saddest but most beautiful days of my life. You were so delicate. Your skin translucent, your eyes closed like you were only sleeping and your mouth open like you were snoring like daddy does (mummy does too but daddy is worse!). You had my nose and daddy’s funny toes - perfect in every way! You were ‘Bonnie’ 🤍


I would do anything, anything at all to still have you in my tummy growing and becoming a different sized fruit every week. Every Sunday, (the day you arrived) I think of how big my belly would be now, how long we would have left until you cried after being delivered, would I have bought you a full baby wardrobe by now and would daddy and I have started painting your nursery. 


I think of you every single day and I will do for the rest of my life. If we are lucky enough to give you some brothers or sisters in the future, they will know that they have a big sister who is loved and who would have been the best big sister in the world. 


I long to feel that you are still here in some kind of way. People talk about white feathers meaning that someone that’s no longer here is close. I don’t want feathers, I want you but understand that isn’t possible. 


Just know that you will always be my first child who will be loved and remembered forever. ❤️

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our story 🤍 TFMR

Bonnie Brogan - 17/01/21 I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve tried to write this down. It’s always felt like anything I have written is the wrong thing - it may offend someone, people will think it’s for attention or it’s just going to be too difficult for me to open up completely and be honest about it all. Baby loss is something that is scarcely spoken about. Being someone who has suffered with poor mental health in the past, I feel that not discussing such a taboo subject would only be detrimental to my already ‘not so normal’ brain. Also, I feel it’s something that should be spoken openly about regardless if you have experienced it yourself, know someone who has or even know very little about the subject. Michael and I recently lost our first baby. BONNIE BROGAN. When we found out we were pregnant I believe we felt like many other parents do, thrilled, fearful, overjoyed and also the anticipation of the unknown. Over the next couple of months I felt physically fine, excluding th

Why do I still feel like this?

Where do we go after we die? Where are you now? Can you hear me? Should I talk to you more often? Do you know how much I want to hold you and touch you again? Do you know how much I love you?  Why do I still feel like this?  Did I go back to work too early? Should I have went back earlier? Do people think I’m being too open? Should I shut up about it now? In fact, should I shout about it more?  Why do I still feel like this?  How many people I know actually disagree with TFMR?    Should we have carried on the pregnancy regardless? If we had, would you still be in my tummy? Would I have posted my first bump pic by now? Would I have felt you kick?  Why do I still feel   like this?  Would it have been more difficult if we lost you naturally? Would it have been easier? Is the pain the same for every mother who has had to say goodbye to their child? Am I overreacting? Would I have gotten to full term? If i did, would you have had as many complications as the docs made out? Would you have su